Forged Assistant Job Description
This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Job grants and therefore are not guaranteed positions until the grants are received by LIFT Church. Applicants must be a current full time student during the 2016/2017 school year and must be returning to school full time in September 2017.
Supervisors: Jon De Jong and Brian Jeong
Job title: Forged Assistant
Forged is the men’s ministry at LIFT Church. The Forged Assistant will help execute, plan, and administrate in all aspects of the ministry. The role exists to support the Director and the ministry team and will be primarily logistical.
- Support the Forged Directors and leadership by assisting to plan, structure, and coordinate for Forged events such as Genuine Nights, Forged For Community, Main Events, and other initiatives.
- Attend regular meetings to plan and decide strategic and creative direction of events.
- Ensure Forged Blogs are created, updated, and posted on a monthly basis.
- Update online social medias, the website, and manage online signups.
- Communicate with people/organizations in the area for possible partnership.
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the leadership team at LIFT.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Apple equivalent)
- Excellent computer knowledge of Google docs & sheets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team context
- Access to a laptop
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Valid driver’s license
- Regular access to a vehicle (preferred)
Type of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Worker will be delegated tasks and given independence to carry those tasks out to completion.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume by March 24th, 2017.