Heart to Heart Assistant Job Description
This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Job grants and therefore are not guaranteed positions until the grants are received by LIFT Church. Applicants must be a current full time student during the 2016/2017 school year and must be returning to school full time in September 2017.
Supervisor: Doreen Abraham
Job Title: Heart to Heart Assistant
Heart to Heart (H2H) is the women’s ministry at LIFT Church. The H2H Assistant will help execute, plan, and administrate in all aspects of the ministry. The role exists to support the Director and the ministry team and will be primarily logistical.
- Attend regular meetings & create meeting agendas
- Update online social medias, the website, and manage online signups
- Manage calendar of upcoming events and social media post dates
- Communicate and coordinate with the Creative Director regarding upcoming projects and events
- Create and manage a database of contacts from external businesses and from within the church
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipate need for supplies, and managing a sign-out system
- Handle all administrative aspects of retreat planning & other events coordination;
- Communicate with speakers, caterers, and sponsors
- Update budget document with incoming funds raised & retreat expenditures
- Manage and track attendees applications
- Put together sample menus and gift baskets
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the leadership team at LIFT
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (or Apple equivalent)
- Excellent computer knowledge of Google docs & sheets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team context
- Comfortable working independently
- Enjoys repetitious tasks
- Access to a laptop
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Valid Driver’s License
- Regular access to a vehicle (preferred)
Type of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Worker will be delegated tasks and given independence to carry those tasks out to completion.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume by March 24th, 2017.