McMaster Frosh/LIFT Retreat Assistant Job Description
This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Job grants and therefore are not guaranteed positions until the grants are received by LIFT Church. Applicants must be a current full time student during the 2016/2017 school year and must be returning to school full time in September 2017.
Supervisor: Sophia Ko
Job Title: McMaster Frosh/LIFT Retreat Assistant
The McMaster Frosh Week and LIFT Retreat are one of the biggest projects where we build into the McMaster campus and our church as a whole before the school year kicks off. This position will be assisting with planning and executing with the LIFT Retreat and McMaster Frosh Week.
- Planning activities for the LIFT Retreat
- Planning for the activity booths at McMaster Frosh Week
- Gathering supplies for the LIFT Retreat and Frosh Week
- Coordinate teams for the Frosh Week
- Creating meeting agendas
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the leadership team at LIFT
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (or Apple equivalent)
- Excellent computer knowledge of Google docs & sheets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently
- Enjoys repetitious tasks
- Access to a laptop
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Valid driver’s license
- Regular access to a vehicle (preferred)
Type of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Worker will be delegated tasks and given independence to carry those tasks out to completion.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume by March 24th, 2017.