Serve Our City Assistant Job Description
This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Job grants and therefore are not guaranteed positions until the grants are received by LIFT Church. Applicants must be a current full time student during the 2016/2017 school year and must be returning to school full time in September 2017.
Supervisor: Sophia Ko
Job Title: Serve Our City Assistant
Serve Our City is LIFT’s outreach ministry where LIFT Church serves the Hamilton community. We partner up with organizations across the city and also have started our own initiatives such as Pinky Lewis Tuesdays, WestSide, and Sports Night.
- Organize sports for each week of Sports Night
- Organize and coordinate meals for Westside and Pinky Lewis
- Gathering, organize, and purchase required supplies
- Recording active inventory and organizing supplies at the Rubix
- Manage the sign ups on Engage
- Report on Sports Night, Pinky Lewis, and WestSide
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the leadership team at LIFT
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (or Apple equivalent)
- Excellent computer knowledge of Google docs & sheets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently
- Access to a laptop
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Valid driver’s license
- Regular access to a vehicle (preferred)
Type of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Worker will be delegated tasks and given independence to carry those tasks out to completion.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume by March 24th, 2017.